Professional, fully bilingual, Tour Operators, can be your hosts and help you prepare all kinds of exciting and interesting Half
Day and Full Day tours. We are, of course, describing just a few of the available tours.
We are also including a suggested itinerary, for your convenience.
Half and Partial Day Tours:
- Partial Panama Canal transit: Experience a voyage through the canal, and see first hand how this modern world
- City Tour and Panama Viejo: Visit the most important sites of the New and Old City, including the ruins of
Panama's first City, burned down during an attack by pirates.
- Golf: We have two separate professional golf courses for your enjoyment. Horoko, less than 10 minutes away, and
Summit, less than 15 minutes away.
- Pipe Line Road: For Bird Watchers it is a name and a place to remember. It boasts the record for the highest
number of birds seen in a single day, several years in a row! beautiful setting, in a pristine surrounding.
- National Parks: Panama has many National Parks to protect its species and nature. Exquisite trails await all nature
lovers. Examples of these are the Metropolitan Park, Las Cruces Park, Soberania Park.
- Museums: From the Panama Canal museum, to historic buildings, this is also a great trek. Very educational.
- Fishing: Some of the best deep sea fishing goes on in Panama. You can rent boats and Yachts for fishing and
pleasure for both oceans and even for the lakes of the panama Canal!
- Scuba Diving: Did you know you can scuba dive in two oceans, on the same day, in Panama?
- Beaches: The art of doing nothing... romantic strolls, or exciting adventures
Full Day Tours
- El Valle, Indian Market, Canopy Adventure: El Valle, a dormant volcano, is a famous attraction of Panama. It is a
small, charming town, that was settled by Spaniards and has become a weekend getaway. Located just 1.5 hours
away former the City, it is best experienced on a Sunday because of the Indian market, with its crafts and trinkets.
A Canopy Adventure Tour is also great. It is also the setting for the famous "Slipping Indian" mountain, whose fairy
tale says that an Indian fell asleep awaiting her lover.
- Portobello and San Lorenzo: Beautiful, well preserved ruins of Spanish forts that defended the Caribbean side of
Panama from invaders. From the pirates Henry Morgan and Black Beard , all have enjoyed the visit!
- Embera Indians and Tropical Forest: Their community, traditions and customs have barely changed since the
colonists days, some 5 centuries ago. Is an experience not easily forgotten. There is a limited number of tourists that
may visit every day. From the Hotel to Lake Alajuela, and by boats called 'piraguas' up the Chagres River. The
Embera people will welcome you, showing its village, customes, way of life, songs and dances. Lunch will be held at
the village. Includes a spectacular 30 minute walk in the humid tropical forest. $85 per person. 8 hours, minimum 4
persons. This tour can also include 'tubing' down the Chagres river.
- Barro Colorado STRR (Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute) : Managed by the Smithsonian Institution,
and used as their most important tropical research center, this pristine area gathers many preserved and protected
species of birds, monkeys and ants. It is a heaven for nature lovers.
If you have three days:
- Visit the Panama Canal. City Tour and Old Panama City
- Visit the Panama Canal Museum
- Bird Watching at Pipe Line Road / Visit Barro Colorado STIR
If you have 5 days: Spend the first three days just as above
- Walking Tour of Casco Viejo
- Visit Portobello and San Lorenzo, in the Caribbean side of Panama
- Visit an Embera Indian Tribe and tubing down the Chagres River.
If you have 7 days: Spend the first five days just as above
- Be adventurous and visit Bocas del Toro for its wonderful nature and beaches (At least a two day trip)
- Visit El Valle, preferably on a Sunday, for the Indian market and a Canopy Adventure.
- Deep Sea Fishing
All pictures and information copyright © Country Inn & Suites El Dorado, 2007, 2008.
Send mail to Information with questions or comments about this web site.
|Country Inn & Suites